Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Memory of Bakonybél


Fall break came and I have been to Bakonybél for a few days. I was planning on painting wonderful forest sights dressed in autumn, but Sunday night the first snow fell. The next day we took a hike in the mountains and although I decided to paint another time, it was the most enjoyable day. Stepping on the fresh virgin snow and making it crunch under our old and dirty hiking boots, listening to the forest sounds; I never thought winter could be this beautiful. There were times I thought my ears would freeze off and I couldn't feel my toes anymore, but it was all worth it, and I would love to do it again.

One or two days later I simply couldn't resist sketching down a piece of memory from the hike I'd never want to forget. I didn't like the end result, so Bear told me he should have it. I had to mention him, because I'm utterly thankful for these few days. This sure was the best vacation I ever had and he was perfect at planning it all.

I named the sketch My Memory of Bakonybél.